Friday, May 14, 2010

My, um, little girl?







Jaycee 3yo, will be 4 in July, is quite the character. I think every mom of a little girl dreams of having this little princess. Everything surrounded by pink, ribbons, bows. Wondering which disney princess she will love the most. Boy was I ever suprised when my sweet little Jaycee turned out to be the opposite! She tells me often, with a sad face "mom, I wish I was a boy!" I tell her sorry baby, you came out as a girl! Her resonse? "Well, I want to come out as a boy!" Um sorry kiddo, only 1 ride per customer! You can't come out again! She has also taken to informing me that she doesn't like princesses, she likes toy story. Oh, and she doesn't just like toy story, it has taken over her entire life. Which hasn't been hard to do lately, since I think everything in the world can currently be found with buzz lightyear on it. She has 3 pair of toy story shoes, including cowboy woody boots. She has several toy story shirts, a hat. But the best? Yes, she has toy story boys underwear. She begged and begged me for months to buy her toy story underwear. I refused! I mean surely buying your daughter boy's underwear would set them up with gender issues for life right? But she would get so upset. She just didn't understand why they wouldn't make girl's underwear with woody and Buzz on it! So, we finally made a comprimise. I bought her some boys toy story boxer briefs and told her she could wear them as shorts, and she's not allowed to wear them out of the house! I'm pretty sure Justin thinks i'm crazy.


She also loves drums. We got her a drum set for christmas, and she played it so hard that she demolished it. I should have known better than to get her plastic! But I didn't expect her to be the next Neil Pert. Someday we will get her a real set. Currently we don't really have the space, not to mention a real set is rather spendy! Ok, and i'm not looking forward to listening to the drumming all the time. Though I should have known when I married Justin that we would end up with a child that loves to play the drums as much as he does. I just hope she's as good as him someday :)


I just love this kid though. She is my little tomboy, yet she's so thoughtfull and loving. This morning she actually told me she liked the walls in my bathroom. Um, thanks? She is always complimenting everyone and everything. She loves to give hugs and kisses. She loves babies. She loves her sister, most of the time. She really loves her family, and she has a lot of them to love! 4 sets of grandparents and she adores them all. She also loves her friends, her church, and her teacher.
Jaycee, you are such a joy to me. Smart, friendly, loving, curious, and so active. I love you being my little baby girl, but i'm also very excited to see you grow up.

2 comments:

Sandra Millsap said...

Jasmin,
You are a "natural" at writing! I love your wit and storytelling! I had forgotten how funny you are! So glad to be able to stay in touch through the blog! Keep it up - your family is precious!

Jasmin said...

Sandra, you are too sweet! I have always loved to write and I think this will be a great way to "let it all out". Of course I'm lucky to have some great material. These girls are a riot!