Sunday, May 16, 2010

A meaningful day

Well we had an active day today, but unfortunately I forgot my camera! Give me a break though, It was an accomplishment just to get out of the house! I was doing the single-parent-because-of-the-military thing. Justin is currently on his 2 week annual training, all the way at Ft Chaffee! Yes, a whole 15 minutes away. But, he is not allowed to come home at night, so that leaves me with 2 energy filled red-heads and a need for lot's of mtn dew and coffe.


So, today I managed to get us all up, fed breakfast, dressed, and to church on time! (Still trying to figure out how I can get us out the door faster when Justin isn't here, hmmmm...). Bro. Ronnie preached a great sermon today. It's so amazing that it always seems that whatever he is preaching about relates to something in my life in a huge way. The kids had a great time in their classes as usual! After church we came home to change clothes and grab some lunch. Then headed towards my old stomping-grounds, yell county. My oh so sneaky idea was that I would get them into the car right about the time for their nap, and they would sleep the entire 1.5 hrs. They must have sensed my plan, and decided that it would be way more fun to keep each other awake the whole way so that they would be nice and cranky! Thankfully, there was so much fun to be had at my nephew's birthday party that not having a nap didn't seem to bother them. They had a blast! These girls really love their family and were so happy to see everyone. My brother and SIL live in Birta. Now, if you have never heard of Birta AR, there is a reason. The population is around 40 people, half of which I think are my family. These people live a slow paced down home life that many would envy. They are full of love, life and friendship. Oh, and did I mention they have a lot of mud? Especially on a rainy day in May? Yeah, by the end of the party Joslyn was covered head to toe in mud, and wearing nothing but a hairbow and a diaper. Several people did have cameras and I hope to be able to snag some pics of her b/c it was quite hilarious. I think they had as much fun as I have ever seen them have, just playing in a mud puddle.


Aren't kids just awesome? When it really comes down to it, they don't need all these big fancy expensive things to make them happy. Just give em a mud puddle and some worms and they are in heaven. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could all be that way? That we didn't lose that as we grow older? I especially struggle with this in my life. If there is one thing that I wish for, it's just to be content. To not worry so much whether someone likes me or not. Or if someone that should love me really does or doesn't, or maybe just doesn't know how to show it. To not wish I had more, bigger, better, when I should just be happy with what I have. You can't make someone love you. You can't make someone like you. You can't have everything. So why try? I know I spend a lot of time feeling sorry for myself. Why did I have to have a rocky childhood? Why do I have to be sick? Why do I have to take steroids every.single.day just to be able to live, and in return my body blows up like a balloon? Why do I have to be in pain all the time? Who knows. Things just happen. But it won't ever do me any good to dwell on it. Instead, I should be out there jumping in mud puddles. Well, theoretically anyway!

Anyway! We did finally make it home after the party. The kids have been bathed, fed a snack, read to, and put in bed, and I am in need of some major rest in preperation of another crazy but wonderful day as mother to 2 full of life read headed little girls!



Oh P.S. I promise I will try to come up with pics of my mud monsters! But since I don't have any, and I love to show them off, here are some that might in some way relate.



Jaycee, Jos, Aiden, and Kade halloween 2008. The little pea-in-a-pod baby Kade turned 2 years old today!


Soccer season ended yesterday, so here's a couple of my favorites of Jaycee on the soccer field. She claims she is done with soccer and is moving on to baseball (coincidently, the boy in her preschool she likes plays baseball....) so these may be the final images of her in shin guards!




1 comment:

Georgia said...

Jasmin--I think about the exact same thing while raising my munchkins--why do we struggle with so many superficial things and material stuff when all they need is a mud puddle and to know they are loved. Good post. And, Kurt got some great pics of your muddy girls for you!! I'll email them to you!!