Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's starting to feel like summer...



I gotta say, I'm not the biggest fan of summer. My illness keeps me from being able to spend long periods in the sun, and the medications i'm on deydrate me easily so I hate to be hot. And summer is way hot! I hate to sweat. I don't look cute in shorts. Not to mention everything that keeps the kids entertained and active is over. No mops, no preschool, no wed night church, no soccer games. Just me and 2 over-energized red-heads trying to keep cool. I'll go insane! Maybe, if I had something to look forward too it would be different. But seeing as how Justin has no vacation time yet, and we couldn't afford to go anywhere even if he did, we will be staying right here.





Anyway. Has it really been a week since I last blogged? time passes so fast! Especially with the husband gone. I don't think I have had a chance to look at the calander or clock!


Well Justin got to come home for a break this past weekend! Yay! It was so great to see him. The girls would not let him out of their sight, it was hilarious. On Saturday we went to Jaycee's end of the year soccer party at the McDonalds on 71. The kids had a blast! We were very blessed to be part of such a good team with great coaches. They always made everyone feel very welcome and made all the kids feel special.


Jaycee and the only other girl on the team, Ava.



The whole team waiting on their trophies. What a bunch of cuties, right?





After that, we headed to prarie grove for some family time. Justin's step-mom's sister's step-son (got all that? there may be a test later....) graduated this past weekend, so all their family was visiting. Grandparent's that we don't see often etc, so we decided to go. And, ok, I admit it, we aren't really ones to turn down offers of free good food! And did I mention they have a pool? Yeah. We were first told it wouldn't be ready for swimming on Saturday. Welll, some of the older kids decided to go ahead and get in, so this sort of blew my cover with Jaycee of telling her that the pool was broken. She threw a fit to get in! And of course we didn't have a suit with us, so we let her get in in her panties. She's only 3 right? Who cares!


Then of course, since Jaycee got to get in, Jos wanted in too! And she only had a diaper. I have to say, it is pretty impressive the amount of water a diaper can soak up! Jos with Justin's cousin Bethany. She's a sweetheart!



I had a blast. I really don't get a lot of adult interaction time. I have 2 what I would consider "bff's". One lives in conway, and the other just in ft smith, but both are just as busy or busier than I am so we don't get together much. I think this is one of the reasons I have really struggled the past few years. Friends are very important to have, and I know that now more than ever. but it's hard to make friends! I am a shy and awkward person by nature. I am glad I have a husband that is like my best friend. But there are things that you just needs girl friends to talk to about! So I greatly enjoyed being with Justin's sister, SIL, and cousins. Here we are taking a group pic. Yes, that's my head in the background. I almost got lost in the jungle....




Joslyn with Dalton, the graduate. I think she had a little crush. She sat with him most of the afternoon!



And a pic I just loved. The girls sitting with their memaw, trying to cross their legs like her :)




We stayed untill about 7 on sat evening then headed home. On the way home, Justin decides to inform me that he heard that he may be going to Korea next year. Oh for the love of pete! Seriously?? Didn't we just do like everything we could to keep this from happening. Then he's all, oh don't worry, they said we might could bring our families. Agh! So, we just bought a house, and now we are going to move to Korea for a year?? I mean I guess going with him would be better than staying here by ourselves for a year. Who knows what will happen. Sigh.


Sunday morning we hung out as a family untill he had to leave. Ate breakfast, snuggled, played with the kids. It was nice. Then he had to go again :( But, we were invited back to the step-aunt's house for more graduation celebration. This time everyone was going to swim and there would be a cookout. Swimming was fun, but man was the water cold!! And I hate to dissapoint you all, but there are no pictures of me in my bathing suit. I know you all wanted to check out my killer steroid puffed body. Alas, you can't.


Tomorrow is the mops end of year party, Jaycee's end of year preschool party, and then the girls and I are headed to Conway to spend some time with my bff Becca and her adorable daughter!


Love to everyone!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love reading your blog! You are a really good writer...maybe you should write a book in your spare time :)

Jasmin said...

Erin, you are too sweet! I have always loved to write, and actually do want to write a book. Someday I hope to!