Wednesday, May 19, 2010

8 years of.... bliss?

Yesterday, May 18th 2010, marked 8 years of mariage for Justin and I. It was the 3rd anniversary that we spent apart! But, the great thing about a marriage like ours, is that we didn't need to be together to celebrate. Ok yeah, so it would have been much more fun. But the whole day, even though I never saw my husband's face, I felt a sense of peace. I am married to a wonderful man. A man that loves me, despite all my flaws and shortcomings. A man that works hard for his family and always has. A man that loves his children more than I ever knew a father could. A man with good morals and values. How did I get so lucky? Well, for one thing I claimed him when we were teenagers, hah! But also, I think God knew I would need someone who would stick by me through everything. Someone who would take those words "through sickness and in health" seriously. Someone who could stand up and be the parent he needed to be when I just couldn't for whatever reason. Someone who could and would, always pick up my slack.





Justin cleaning. He was just being dramatic with the mask, honest! The kitchen wasn't really that dirty! Though this was when we lived in TN, and not long after Jaycee was born, so nothing is certain......











Justin vacumming and entertaining the baby at the same time. Now this is a guy that knows how to multitask! At least he learned something from the military....

And wasn't Jaycee just the most adorable little baby? I miss those days sometimes, ya know, when she couldn't talk? Heh.





I don't have any wedding pics on this computer, but here's a couple of us.

Right after Jaycee was born. Why do I look so drugged? Oh yeah, I was! 23 hrs of labor, most with pitocin and no pain meds, ending in a c-section anyway and on mag sulfate. Yeah, that's it.






At a marriage retreat the military sponsered. The unit Chaplain did all the services and he was amazing! It was a wonderful weekend of re-connecting.



In Nashville at the American Choppers show. B/c I'm a nice wife, and spent a day looking at motorcycles when I really couldn't care less. Hah!









Ok enough of that.


On to the actual day. So yeah, Justin was at 2 week military training. But I really didn't want to sit around all day feeling depressed. So I called my mom to see if she at least wanted to meet for lunch, and of course she said yes! I couldn't decide where to eat, so I asked Jaycee what she thought. She said "let's go to that lobster place!" I said what? How do you know about that place I don't think you have been there. She said " I never beed there, I need to try it!" Still confused about how she even knew what it was, but hey any excuse to eat at red lobster is fine with me! So we met mom for lunch there. What's interesting, is after talking a bit she reminded me that it was her "anniversary" too. No, not her wedding anniversary. Her adoption anniversary! My mom and her brother were both adopted by my grandparents as babies. My Grandmother has always recognized this day as mom's "anniversary" of adoption. Lately she's been sick though and must have forgotten (she is 85 yrs old!) but that was ok, b/c we celerated anyway.




Mom and the girls at the table:











Mom and Jos:



I promised (ok, bribed) the girls that if they were good at lunch I would take them to the park to ride the train. O.M.G. Joslyn is like train obsessed. How did I end up with 2 girls that love trains and toy story? She begs me every day to take her to ride the train. We usually go at least once a week.


Girls on the train. Notice Joslyn's ohmygoshiamonthetrain!!!!!! face? Love this kid.

All in all it was a good day. A little lonely, but that's ok. I am just glad that my sweetie is only gone for 2 weeks, instead of much longer like he probably would have been had he stayed on active duty.
So happy anniversary my love. You are everything to me.

1 comment:

Tonia Hobbs said...

What a sweet story! Happy Anniversary! I am glad you had a wonderful day!