Wednesday, May 12, 2010

And another....


Joslyn did the cutest thing today, I just had to share it!


Let me start in the begining. I haven't been actively involved in a church for a long time. Many things happened during my early teen years that made me not want to belong to a church. I never lost my love, or faith, in god. But not having a church family is hard. It didn't help things that we moved a lot. 12 times in 7 years! I am not the best at going out and putting myself into a situation where I don't know anyone. I have a pretty sever case of anxiety, and it has always been the demise of my ability to connect with new people.


Not long after we moved back to Greenwood, my mom asked me to try coming to church with her. I was very interested in getting involved with a church that had a lot of activites for us to be involved in. I needed some me time, in some way! When I found out that Greenwood FBC offered a lot of options I was willing to try. Wow, was I ever impressed! I beleive Pastor Ronnie could win anyone over though. I just love to hear his sermons! But I have to admit, I still wasn't sure if this is where we totally belonged. Justin wasn't raised baptist, so this has been an adjustment to him. I also have worried that maybe it's too big? How are we ever going to grow close to other people when there is no way we can know most of them!


Then today, I was scrolling through pictures from the nursery blog by sweet Tonia Hobbs. Joslyn was standing by me, and she saw the pictures and started naming all the kids in her class! I was just floored. I couldn't beleive she remembered all their names. She told me "dey my fwiends!" So Sweet! And then, out of nowhere with absolutely no promting, she prayed! She put her little hands together and said " deaw God, I yuv my daddy, my mama, and my daycee" I started to tear up! How sweet is that? My 2yo little baby, saw pictures of her and her friends from church and said a heartfelt prayer to god. If that doesn't prove to me that we are in the right place, I don't know what could!
So even though it was rough at first, going in and really not knowing anyone or much about the church, it seems that we are starting to feel like it's our home. I just think God has placed us here for a reason, and that we will learn and grow in him. I pray every day that we make some meaningful relationships with other christian people that have the same views as us.


3 comments:

Jasmin said...

Whoohoo, fixed my comment thingy!

Wendy Buzbee said...

Love this Jasmin! You are a natural blogger! =D

Sandra Millsap said...

Sweet post! You're going to be a good blogger!