Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The 4th, elvis dog, and more.

Wow, yeah i'm not good at this blogging thing. I can't seem to keep up with writing enough! Maybe I just don't have much that is interesting to write about heh.

Right now, i'm sitting here in a quiet house with nothing to do. Why? My in-laws offered to take the girls home to dallas for a whole week! At first I was so excited. Then I started to think, oh wow, i'm going to miss them so much. And when I dropped them off in Oklahoma with them, I admit, I cried on the way home. This is the first time they have been away from me for more than 2 nights. And, they are 5 hours away! When I first got home, every time I would see a toy, or look in their room, it would make me feel like crying. Also Justin is working constantly, so I was feeling pretty lonely. But after the first day, I started to feel better. I started getting ideas for all the things I could do! Go shopping and plan for Jaycee's birthday party coming up. Get a pedicure, go out to eat in peace. Sleep late. I'm really enjoying my time now!



Last weekend was the 4th of July Holiday. We had a blast! Saturday we went to Prarie grove to Justin's aunt's house to swim. The girls were showing off, jumping off the diving board in their little life jackets.






We also had a wii bowling tournament, where Joslyn found a neighbor boy to latch herserlf on to. This kid is such a flirt! She also loves Dalton, Justin's cousin. Thankfully he's so sweet to her.
That picture was taken Sunday, the 4th. We were invited to Justin's brother Nick's house for food and fireworks. We took our blow up pool/slide for all the kids to play on. Mostly it was just Jaycee on it, imagine that! Joslyn did actually go down it willingly though, and last year she wouldn't do that.

Justin and his brother Nick





Jaycee and Memaw, Justin's step-mom

Jos and Aunt Rachel





My girls in their 4th of July shirts. I had a better pic on my phone, but I got a new phone so I don't have it anymore!



It was such a great weekend. I am so glad we decided to take the risk to move home from TN. Yeah, it has been rough, and we are still struggling. Justin's work schedule is always crazy, trying to make ends meet and pay bills. But when I was sitting there watching fireworks, seeing my girls sitting in their grandparents lap and surrounded by family, I knew we made the right choice.


Oh, in other big news, I have been sucked into the twilight craze. A group of girl friends are somewhat finatics (I mean that in a good way guys, you know I love you!) and I heard that they were going to see the triple feature on the opening night of eclipse. I sort of invited myself to go with them, and being the sweethearts they are, they said they would love for me to come! I had a blast hanging out with the girls, and actually liked the movies. Since everyone was telling me that the books are even better, and well I can't turn down a good book, I decided to read them. I started about 1.5 weeks ago, and am almost done with all 4 lol! It really did suck me in.


Oh also, we had bible school a couple of weeks ago! Our chruch is awesome and actually had a class for 3-4 yr olds so Jaycee got to go. I felt like I should help in some way, so offered to help Wendy with the nursery being kept for the worker's kids who were too little to go to VBS. I'm glad I went, b/c she ended up having more kids than she thought she would! We actually had a lot of fun, playing with the kids and getting to spend some time talking and hanging out. I feel so privilaged to be able to call her my friend, b/c she is an awesome person!


Next week Jaycee will turn 4. yrs. old. I seriously can't beleive it. It seems like just yesterday she was a tiny baby. Her party is saturday and she is so excited about it.


Oh, and elvis, our sweet doggy who we have had for 7 years now, had a little surgery yesterday. He had a problem with his ear we had to get taken care of. Thankfully, our Sunday school leader is a veterinarian and we took elvie to him and he did a wonderful job. Elvis seems to be feeling better now and is recovering, and enjoying getting a little spoiled by me since the kids are gone. I love this dog. He was my baby before I had actual babies. He is the sweetest thing ever. I am so thankful was now have a good vet to take care of him.


You can see the little staples in his ear. Poor thing. He is doing a lot better than yesterday, when he would just cry and his ear was bleeding.

Well, maybe I should go and actually try to get something constructive done today!

Love to all-Jasmin

No comments: