Friday, June 25, 2010

Lot's of things

Ya know, I really should get better about blogging in short posts more often instead of waiting weeks then having one gigantic post! So I will try to keep it as short as I can.


First of all, potty training! Oh, how I hate these words. Jaycee was actually pretty easy to train. For a whole week, we just let her go nakey-bottom, put the potty out where it was easy to get to, and told her what to do. She just got it! Has hardly had any accidents since. She was right around 2.5, which is Joslyn's age right now. So I had the bright idea to really buckle down and try to get her trained. Unfortunately, she is waaaaay more stubborn than Jaycee. She knows how to use the potty. She has done it many times, when she wants to. But most of the time she doesn't want to! She will just squat in the floor and go, standing right beside her potty. Sometimes she decides that she wants a peice of candy enough to actually use the potty. Whatever. For now, I think I am just going to let it go and see what happens. It's too frustrating for both of us for me to force her. Oh, but I did get the obligatory sitting on the potty shot, so that I can use it to embarass her in the future:


Like I said, what's worked for us is putting the potty in a common area where she will sit on it often. Yes she is watching tv lol.
Then I guess after that, came father's day weekend. Saturday the 19th we went to my childhood friend's wedding. There were 4 of us that were really close, and she is the last one to get married. Now we are really all grown up I guess, hah! Another one of us is going to have her first baby next week, after years of struggling with infertility! I am so happy for her and can't wait to see her little miracle. Sunday, father's day, the girls and I went to church (Justin has been working crazy hours and stayed home to sleep) then we all went to lunch then over to Justin's dad's. The girls love going over there. They have a garden, and tons of room to run and play. They got out the little baby pool for the girls to play in. It's so amazing how much fun kids can have with the simplest things.

The also love the horsey swing. Here's Justin, his dad, and silly girl Jaycee.



This week was pretty busy. Mops playdate, Mops steering team meeting. After the meeting on Thursday I got to have lunch with a girl from church, Wendy, and her adorable little boy Isaac. Wendy is one of the sweetest people I know and I love spending time with her!


Mostly I've just been very busy feeling like a single mom b/c of Justin's work schedule. This pay period he will have worked 136 hours in 2 weeks. That is crazy! A lot of it was back to back shifts too. Like he would work 3pm-3am, then 8am-4pm, then 11pm- 7am. I am glad that he has a job, but wow is it hard having young kids and him working so much. Not to mention, that even with that much overtime we are still struggling to get by. That's so frustrating! But I am thankful for everything we have, and know that God will take care of us.

Oh, also I saw the rheumatologist last week, forgot about that. The good news is, i'm not doing any worse! The bad news is, i'm not doing any better. So for now no hope of getting off of the steroids. Maybe someday!

Today I took the girls swimming at the pool at creekmore. Usually, I like to only swim at the fitness center b/c it's indoors and I really have trouble being in the sun. But, they only have certain times when kids can swim, so we had to find an alternative today! I hadn't taken them there yet, so at least it was new and exciting, oh and cheap! Jos didn't enjoy it too much. I think she's just not a big fan of swimming. Jaycee is like me though, she would spend all day in the water. One way she isn't like me is that she is totally fearless. They have a diving board, and really by most standards it isn't huge, but it's taller than her. She was determined to jump off of it, and there was no stopping her. So, I told her she could do it but she had to wear her life jacket. She has been swimming good without it, but this was a big deep pool and a high jump! So she got in line, then climbed up and jumped! She looked so tiny up there! What's really funny is, my mom has some almost identical pictures of my older brother when he was little tiny jumping off the diving board. Anyone who knows Jay, knows he has always been considered very daring and well, somewhat crazy! My mom is always telling me there are so many similarities between them and it scares me! I totally admire my brother for having the courage he does. But it's different when it's my baby!







Doesn't that water look refreshing?? This heat has been awful. I would give just about anything for a pool of my own! Oh and speaking of warm weather, I made my favorite summer food yesterday, pasta salad! I'm such a dork, and thought it looked so pretty and colorful that I took a picture lol!

What's in it, you ask? Tri-colored veggie pasta, cheddar cheese, cherry tomatoes, red and yellow bell peppers, onions, mini turkey peperoni, and lite Italian salad dressing. Notice how I didn't give any amounts for the ingredients. Yeah, that's b/c it always depends on my mood, or what I have on hand! My kids love this stuff, and Justin does too. I like to make a huge batch and eat it for lunch during the week.
Have a good weekend everyone! Love-Jasmin

1 comment:

Erin said...

That salad looks WONDERFUL!! I think I'm gonna try it!!