Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy birthday Jaycee!

Today, my baby girl turned 4 years old. 4!! 4 seems so much older than 3. Like she's not a baby, or a toddler. She's a "kid". A Little girl. It's not so much that it makes me feel old. Ok yeah that is part of it. I will be 27 in a couple of weeks, 27!!!! That is like, way on the downside to 30......


Oh, yeah. Back to Jaycee's birthday, ahem. I just will always see her as my baby, my tiny little 5 lbs 15 oz red-headed chicken legged though cuddly baby.




6 months old
1 yr old


Lovin on baby sister, she was 17m old
2 years old

3 years old
And, 4 yrs old....






We had a great little party at the outback at flame gymnastics. She was surrounded by loving friends and family, and got so many nice things! As you all know, she is completely and totally obsessed with Toy Story. My mom has a friend who makes awesome cakes, and had her make Jaycee a Toy Story cake.




Isn't that adorable? Look at Woody's boot......






Talk about attention to detail, it says Andy just like in the movies!






Jos, Jaycee, Hannah, Isaac, and "Mrs. Wendy" as Jaycee says lol. Jaycee was so excited that Hannah came to her party. She still asks to go see Hannah!

Concentrating. It's tough to open all these presents!

Today was her actual birthday, and we didn't do much. The girls are still recovering from last week I think! I let Jaycee pick what we would have for breakfast. Then we met mom for Lunch, then came home for a nap. The slept till 5 o'clock! It's hard to be 4 I guess :) Then she got to pick dinner, and she asked for macaroni and cheese, and hot dogs. Yum lol! Then we had some cake that was leftover from the party, and mom brought some candles so she could blow out candles again. It was a great day, and I'm glad I got to spend it with my sweet special girl.

Jaycee, since the moment I found out I was pregnant, you were very special to me. The dr's had previously told me that it would likely be hard or impossible for me to have kids. You gave me so much hope, more than you'll ever know. B/c you defied the odds. You showed me that, I will have a life. I will have something to live and fight for. When you were born, I fell in love when I laid eyes on you. You even had red hair just like I knew you would :) Ever since I have felt fortunate just to know you, much less be your mom! You are so insanely smart. And you care so much about other people and their feelings. You are curious about everything and so eager to learn. You love your sister so much, and even try to protect her. As hard as it is to see you growing up and not being my baby anymore, I am loving seeing the wonderful person you are becoming. I love you so much, and always will.

Love to everyone-Jasmin

2 comments:

Wendy Buzbee said...

How sweet! You made me cry! Ha!

Georgia said...

Happy Birthday to Jaycee!! You are such a sweet momma, Jasmin!