Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Vacations, parties, and more!

Well folks, it's been awhile since I have written. I am trying to remember everything that has happened! When I last left you, we had just finished our trip to Hot Springs. The following week was spent recovering, doing laundry, and getting the house back in order! Then, we decided that since we would be going to Tulsa to pick up Justin's brother, that we would stay overnight and try and find something fun to do. So Justin asked off from work for the 2 days so we could have plenty of time to enjoy each other. We were all set to have a great time!

Then, issue #1 came about. Work called and said Justin had to come in on Sat from 7-3. Ugh, we weren't happy, but at least it wouldn't stop our trip! Then, on Friday afternoon, issue #2. As I was doing laundry and packing for the trip, my clothes dryer went out! I was on my last load of laundry and it quit heating! Thankfully, my awesome mom offered to stop by and get the laundry and dry it for me at home and bring it back. Sat morning, I got up early and took Justin to work, so that afterwards I could pick him up and we could leave from ft smith cutting about 30 min off our trip! I got us all packed, dressed, and ready to go and we left to pick him up. I got halfway to town, and realized I had forgotten a few important things, like the directions to the hotel and Joslyn's blankie! So I turned around and came back home for them, then set out again. As I got to ft smith, I realized that I also forgot to pack any shoes for the girls. All they had were the ones on their feet! Jaycee's were her worn out toy story flip flops, and Jos was wearing hand me down pink crocs that were filthy. So we hurried and stopped at payless to get them both some shoes. It actually worked out well, b/c they both needed new church shoes for the summer anyway. Then, we finally picked up daddy and headed out.


We got to the hotel first and the girls were so excited that "they had a pool inside!" as Jaycee told everyone. Also, they were obsessed with the elevator. Jaycee kept saying something about the alligator, see the alligator. I told her no, that was in a different city b/c I thought she was talking about the alligator farm. Turns out she was trying to say elevator! They would fight over who got to push the buttons on it. As soon as we got there we swam for a little while in the little pool at the hotel. Joslyn actually lost some of her fear of the water, and would jump in! I think it was b/c it was small and very warm. Jaycee was jumping in and swimming all around. She has really become a good swimmer this summer! After that, we went to our room to get dressed to go to dinner. Here's how bad of a mom I am, I didn't take any pics of the girls in their adorable dresses! But I promise we did actually all look nice, heh. Then, bad thing #3. We walk outside to get in the van, and it has a flat tire! Poor Justin was all showered and dressed and looking nice, and now he had to change a tire. So he put the little donut tire on, and we drove to dinner very slowly, getting passed and honked at lol. But, we finally made it to the cheesecake factory! Oh wow, was it ever worth it. Our food was so yummy, especially the cheesecake! Then we went back to the hotel to try and sleep. I say try, b/c well, it didn't happen. I guess Jaycee wasn't used to all of the swimming and going underwater, and must have gotten water in her ears, b/c she screamed most of the night that her ear hurt :/ It was awful!


We did finally manage to get a little bit of sleep. After breakfast and loading up the car, we headed to the aquarium. It was great! The girls loved seeing all of the fish, especially the "nemo" fish. Jos was terrified of the sharks though! She screamed her head off when we tried to take her into the tunnel through the shark tank. After that, we headed to Justin's aunt Susan's house to pick up Chase. We had a good time chatting with Susan and her girls, and Jaycee and Joslyn loved playing with them! They are so sweet. Susan took Justin to Walmart to get our tire fixed, and thankfully it just needed a small patch job! Finally we loaded up everyone and headed home.


Chase stayed with us the whole week! I love having him around. He is really a great kid. He plays with the girls, and helps me with them anytime I ask. We watch movies and talk, and he is good company when Justin has to work in the evening. We decided that we were going to throw his mom (also Justin's mom) a suprise birthday party on Saturday when they came to pick up Chase. So we spent a lot of the week planning, shopping, and cooking for the party. The party was a great success.


Justin's mom, aunts, grandma and grandpa around the table:




I wish I would have taken a picture of the inside of the cake. We used 1 strawberry cake, and then I colored a white cake purple. So when cut into it was bright pink and purple! It was really cute.

Afterwards we took the girls to the park to ride the train, then came home and let them play in the yard on their slipnslide and with their sprinkler. It was so funny watching Jaycee trying to figure out the slip n slide. I think they prefered just running through the water!












Oh, and also last week Jaycee had her first gymnastics class! She absolutely loved it. I was so proud of her, she was so brave during everything! I think we may have found something she likes.



Isn't the little leotard just the cutest thing every? She is very proud of it!!


And, here are just some random pictures of her I took. She was being a "summer cowgirl". I love her poses, she's such a little camera ham!






Gorgeous isn't she?? Then of course Jos got jealous. So she put on her new outfit, and her boots, and made me take pictures. But, she wouldn't look at me or smile! She is such a drama queen! But isn't this outfit adorable? It's layette sized gymboree, but I shoved her in the 24m size, heh.


Look at the back, it has wings!!! Though she keeps calling them boobies lol.

It will probably be outgrown in a few weeks the way she is growing, and I will have to sell it, sigh. So ladies, let's start the bidding! Mama needs a new pair of shoes! Hah!

I am enjoying being with my girls, but will be glad when we get back to having lots of activities. The girls get bored a alot and fight a ton. It's too hot a lot of the time to be outside. Even Jaycee said "mama, I wish it would snow again, I don't like summer!" I said me too, sweetie. I think we need to win the lottery and build a pool.

Love to all-Jasmin

1 comment:

Chaserox said...

didn't we trow mom a darn good party!!!!! that cake was awesome. it totally made cake history!!!