Tuesday, August 17, 2010

B/c along with the good....

We must also remember the bad!

This has been quite a morning. My kids have the habit of letting me sleep in. Normally, I don't mind. They know where the granola bars are, so they get a snack and play together until I wake up. But today, Jaycee had other ideas. She has recently decided she really likes our dog rusty. I don't know for sure, but I think it might be b/c I have been telling her stories about how much rusty loved her when she was a baby. He was very protective of her and always wanted to be near her. It was weird for him, b/c he isn't exactly a loving dog. He was abused before we got him, and can be a little angry sometimes. But, never with her. He was fascinated by her.


Didn't trust daddy.....


or Rara.....guarded her door.....Stayed with her when she played...I have been telling her these stories lately, and she has become more interested in him. So this morning, Daddy took the dogs to the back yard before he left for work. After he was gone, Jaycee decided to stack up chairs and toys so she could reach the dead bolt lock in the door and open it to go out back and bring rusty in. Well, that part of her plan worked. Unfortunately in the process she let Elvis get out and run away. Elvis is more of a free spirit than rusty. He's very laid back, and sort of has no worries. Rusty doesn't even try to ever leave the yard without us. Elvis on the other hand runs at the first chance he gets. I don't know how much time passed between her letting him out and me figuring out what had happened. When I got up I went to take the dogs out thinking that Justin hadn't. When I couldn't find elvis I became suspicious, and dragged it out of Jaycee that she had let them loose!! So I threw the kids in the van and we drove around all morning looking for him. Finally, a neighbor saw me and said she she had seen the dog catcher pick up a dachshund. Oh great. So I called the city, and sure enough, Elvis had been picked up and taken in. They told me he was at Dr Singer's office in town, so I drove over there and busted him out of doggie jail. He was so very happy to see me! I believe I have mostly calmed down now after the scare. And I am committed to getting him some tags with his name and address on them very soon.


I just couldn't stand it if something bad happened to this guy.....

So after all that, I got every in the house safely and got us all some lunch. Then suddenly there is a knock on the door. My first thought is awe man, what did the dogs do now! I open it and there is a very young woman standing there holding 2 babies, an older one and a newborn. She tells me they have just moved in next door and don't have a phone yet and asks if she can use mine. I invite her in, and try to keep my girls from scaring her little boys. She called her husband I guess, and told him she had had an accident trying to move some furniture. She had dropped something and it landed on her foot and her cat, and her cat was squished :( When she got off the phone I asked about her babies. She said they were 2 weeks old, and just turned one year! Wow what a brave woman. I offered to come help her or watch the kids, but she just thanked me and left. I have been thinking about her and the babies ever since. I hope she has a better rest of the day....

Now, I have sat here blogging too long, and must go get ready for a busy evening. Gymnastics, dinner, then a steering team meeting. I'm praying we get everything lined up for MOP's!

Have a blessed day everyone-Jasmin

No comments: